Reporting Summary Chart
|Reported Date of Positive COVID-19 Test Result||Active/Resolved|
|September 23, 2020||Resolved|
|October 9, 2020||Resolved|
|January 20, 2021||Resolved|
|January 29, 2021||Resolved|
Information on this page will be updated as available. The College will take appropriate steps to maintain health and safety on campus and is in ongoing consultation with Algoma Public Health. This chart shows the number of confirmed cases of staff or students on campus since the start of the academic year in September 2020. The numbers represent Sault College students or staff who were present on the Sault Ste. Marie campus, including residence, within 14 days of their diagnosis. The date in which a case is shown as reported reflects when Sault College received confirmation of a positive case. It does not necessarily reflect that the individual was on campus on that date. In the event of a confirmed positive COVID-19 case(s) on campus, Sault College will initiate its COVID-19 Campus Contact Response Plan.
April 8, 2021
As you know, Premier Ford has declared a provincial emergency and ordered a province-wide stay-at-home order.
Given this declaration, please be advised of the following, which are effective Friday, April 9, 2021:
Employees may only access the campus for an essential purpose during this period of time. Access to the campus will either be by the direction of or with the approval of your respective Vice President. Unless otherwise directed to work onsite or by approval, as noted, staff are expected to work remotely.
Practical Learning and Student Campus Services
- there is no impact to classes being taught remotely or scheduled practical learning, including apprenticeship training
- the study hall will be restricted to no more than two students at one time
- hours of operation: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- the majority of student campus services will be available remotely
As a reminder, the College continues to have many screening protocols in place for accessing the campus/Sault College properties, including those associated with travel outside of the Algoma District. These continue to be in effect until further notice. A list of screening acknowledgements and health and safety protocols are available on the COVID-19 Latest Update page of our website.
We all play an important role in limiting the spread of COVID-19. Please continue to follow all public health measures and advice and do your part in helping to keep our community safe.
IMPORTANT SCREENING/HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
The College continues to have many screening protocols in place for accessing the campus/Sault College properties, including those associated with travel outside of the Algoma District. These continue to be in effect until further notice.
By entering any Sault College property, you are acknowledging that:
- you are not experiencing one or more of the following symptoms that are new or worsening (symptoms should not be chronic or related to other known causes or conditions): fever and/or chills, cough or barking cough (croup), shortness of breath, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of smell or taste, pink eye, runny or stuffy/congested nose, headache, digestive issues like nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, muscle aches, extreme tiredness, falling down often
- you have not been told by a doctor, health care provider, or public health unit that you should currently be isolating (staying at home)
- in the last 14 days, you have not been identified as a “close contact” of someone who currently has COVID-19
- in the last 14 days, you have not received a COVID Alert exposure notification on your cell phone
- in the last 14 days, you or anyone you live with have not travelled outside of Canada
- you have not travelled outside of the Algoma District in the past 14 days
- you or someone in your household have not had close contact with others in a setting known to be experiencing an outbreak of COVID-19 (i.e. workplaces, institutions such as Long Term Care Facilities, etc) in the past 14 days
- you or anyone you live with are not currently experiencing any new COVID-19 symptoms and/or waiting for test results after experiencing symptoms (please note: this is specific to those experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and does not apply to those who are awaiting test results to access a long-term care facility or as a requirement to attend work)
AS A REMINDER, IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL DO NOT ATTEND CAMPUS/SAULT COLLEGE PROPERTY AND COMPLETE THE SELF-ASSESSMENT TOOLFOR NEXT STEPS. SPECIFIC INFORMATION, EXPECTATIONS AND NEXT STEPS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE COVID AWARENESS TRAINING ON LMS.
THE FOLLOWING MUST BE FOLLOWED:
- prior to accessing campus, online COVID-19 awareness training must be completed
- to access this training, log into your Learning Management System, select the ‘College Reopening Procedures’ from the course list
- if you are a returning student/staff, you are encouraged to review this training to re-familiarize yourself with the content
- your student/staff card is required to access campus to scan into the building
- enter campus from the F Wing main door (Health and Wellness entrance)
- parking is available in the J South parking lot
- masks or face coverings MUST be used in transit throughout the building, labs, common areas, and in areas where physical distancing is not possible
- every person entering must maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from every other person
- students are expected to leave campus immediately following the end of their scheduled class
- all Designated Smoking Areas are closed