Organizations are relying more than ever before on their internal and external data sources to drive business planning, decision-making, and problem solving. Business intelligence and big data tools accomplish this by enabling unprecedented data collection and data manipulation. This data provides organizations with the information they need to respond quickly to organizational and market changes and opportunities.
Sault College`s fully online Data Analytics for Business Decision-Making Ontario College Graduate Certificate program will provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to support real world business decision-making and planning through data insights, data management, and data science. The program will provide you with a blend of theoretical knowledge and hands-on practical skills for data collection, data analysis, and data manipulation.
Learners will complete the following twelve compulsory courses.
- OEL1352 Introduction to Data Analysis
- OEL1373 Data Collection and Data Management
- OEL1351 Data Analysis Tools for Analytics
- OEL1374 Business Analysis and Assessments I
- OEL1376 Statistical and Predictive Modelling for Analytics I
- OEL1353 Visualizations, Leadership, and Business Communications I
- OEL1377 Statistical and Predictive Modelling for Analytics II
- OEL1375 Business Analysis and Assessments II
- OEL1378 Visualizations, Leadership, and Business Communications I
- OEL1379 Project Management for Analytics
- OEL1380 Critical and Ethical Decision Making
- OEL1381 Capstone Data Analytics
Requirements & Program Information
Minimum Academic Requirements
- A College Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Degree in business, computer programming, computer systems or information technology OR acceptable combination of related work experience and post-secondary education as judged by the College to be equivalent to the above.
- Applicants possessing degrees/diplomas from institutions where the language of instruction was not English will be required to provide test scores as evidence of their English language proficiency such as IELTS 6.5 with no bands less than 6.0, or equivalent scores in other recognized standard tests of English.
- Students must successfully complete all courses within 3 years of acceptance into the program in order to graduate.
- Students must obtain a G.P.A. of 2.0 or 60% or higher to obtain this certificate.
Note: A comfort in mathematics, statistics, computer software, computer programming, and enterprise systems is recommended.
Upon successful completion of the online program, students will obtain a Ontario College Graduate Certificate.
Graduates of the program may find employment in various industries including marketing, retail, finance, insurance, healthcare, consumer packaged goods, tourism, government, media, public affairs, education, social planning, human resources, and consulting businesses and organizations.
For more details on related occupations, job market information and career opportunities, see the Government of Canada website: http://www.jobbank.gc.ca.
Courses in this program deal with large data sets and complex models. We recommend that students meet the minimum computer requirements listed below.
- Intel I7 or AMD A10 processor or better with chipset that must support virtualization
- 16 GB of RAM
- 1 TB hard drive
- Ethernet Network Card
- Wireless Network Card
- One USB 3.0 port (two preferred)
Windows 10 Professional Edition