GET INTO SPORTS. WE’RE HERE FOR YOU. FROM ACADEMIC SUPPORTS TO YOUR WELL-BEING, IT’S HOW WE ROLL.
If you are an athlete or love to stay fit, then you will feel right at home here. From champion Varsity teams to fun campus leagues, your sport lives here. Sault College Athletics boasts endless opportunities for sport participation; both competitive and recreational. Competing within the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA) and Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA), our highly successful Varsity sports program has helped our Cougars secure national and provincial recognition. The hockey program competes in the American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA)
Our competitive varsity programs for men and women include
- Men's Baseball
- Indoor and outdoor soccer
If you want to stay active and are pursuing bragging rights instead of awards, we offer a variety of recreational sport options including ball hockey, volleyball, skiing, tennis, cricket, cheer, and much more. For more information regarding any of our varsity or recreational programs please contact email@example.com
Become a Cougar
- Contact the coach in your sport of interest
- Submit your info by visiting saultcollege.ca/CougarApply
- Apply to Sault College
- Accept your offer of admission by visiting ontariocolleges.ca
- Confirm your offer
- Training: Your coach will send you an off-season training schedule. This will prepare you for the beginning of the season.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT VARSITY ATHLETICS VISIT US AT SAULTCOUGARS.CA
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU. FROM ACADEMIC SUPPORTS, TO YOUR WELL-BEING, IT’S HOW WE ROLL.
- Ensure athletes are eligible and compliant with OCAA & ACHA Rules and Regulations
- Ensure our athletes are successful in the classroom
- Conduct Athletic injury assessments and rehab for athletes by a certified Athletic Therapist
- Provide Athletic Therapists for all Cougars games and varsity clinic hours
- Provide Strength Training and support for Varsity Athletes
- Provide Academic support
- Liaise with School College faculty for missed classes due to competition
SCHOLARSHIP & BURSARY OPPORTUNITIES
- $3,000 in athletic scholarships available ($1,500/semester) for OCAA athletes only
- Preferred Varsity spaces for residence for Varsity athletes
- Bursaries available to student athletes of $500+ based on need
- Lowest cost to play varsity hockey in the ACHA
Want to see our amazing facility? Take a tour of our gymnasium >
Sault College Cougars make history as the first Canadian team to win the American Collegiate Hockey Association National Championship.
The Men’s Hockey team captured the ACHA (D3) Championship with a convincing 12 to 3 win against the Grand Valley State University Lakers in Dallas, Texas.
No Canadian men’s team has ever won an ACHA Championship and the Cougars did it in dominating style.
The Cougars also boast winning the first National Championship in any varsity sport in the College’s history. It was a truly proud moment for our College and a source for civic pride.
The Cougars went 4 and 0 in tournament play, defeating the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee 10-1, Ramapo College from New Jersey 12-5, University of South Florida 6-1 and Fairfield University from Connecticut was defeated by the Cougars 6-2 in the semi-finals.
Check out saultcougars.ca for more information on our amazing teams!
Here are some of the amazing things happening with our Cougars!
- Eight Varsity programs including:
- Men’s & Women’s Hockey (ACHA)
- Men’s & Women’s Baseball/Softball (OCAA)
- Men’s & Women’s Soccer (OCAA)
- Curling (OCAA)
- Golf (OCAA)
- We compete in the OCAA (Ontario Collegiate Athletic Association) and the ACHA (American Collegiate Hockey Association)
- Varsity Athletes offered guaranteed and preferred residence package
- Athletic Scholarships available for tuition and fees. Additional bursaries and grants are also available on an individual basis
- 2019 Men Hockey National Champions (ACHA)
- 2019 Women’s Soccer qualified for playoffs in their inaugural season
- 21 OCAA championships
- Curling OCAA Gold – 2018
- Golf Team – 2018 Bronze Medalists
- Men’s Soccer – 2018 Regional Champions
- Women’s ACHA Hockey in its inaugural season