The Corporate Training unit within the Centre for Continuing Education and Corporate Training plays a vital role in meeting the training needs of business and industry.
Highly qualified training consultants work closely with employers in all sectors of the local economy to identify training requirements and design and deliver quality training programs, courses and workshops.
Our staff also maintains frequent communication with government ministries and departments and local economic development groups to ensure that labour market and training information is current and relevant.
Sault College has extensive expertise in the design, development and delivery of customized training to meet the needs of employers, groups and associations. There is a high degree of flexibility in how and where the training is delivered.
We specialize in:
- Human Resource Planning
- Training Needs Analysis for Companies and Organizations
- Customized courses for all sectors of the economy
- Conferences, seminars and workshops
- Partnership development for training delivery
- Training brokerage with professional associations and accrediting institutes
- Distance delivery and alternative learning methods
CANADA ONTARIO JOB GRANT
- Allows employers to determine who to train and what training is appropriate for their employees.
- Must: be licensed to operate a business and reside in Ontario.
- Must: employ the individual selected for training and maintain appropriate workplace safety insurance.
- Must: comply with all appropriate federal and provincial legislations.
- Must: have third party liability insurance.
- Must NOT: be a Broader Public Service organization;
- Must NOT: be in receipt of funds for the same skills training; or, use training participants to displace existing staff, or replace actively laid-off staff.
- Employed individuals must be identified by the employer.
- Unemployed individuals may be considered if there is a permanent conditional offer of employment.
- Must NOT: be participating in full time training, education or other government training that supports the same tuition, books, etc.
- The Government covers 2/3 of direct training costs up to a maximum of $10,000 per employee.
- Employers with more than 50 employees cover a minimum of 1/3 of the direct training costs in cash.
- Employers with 50 employees (or less) have the option to contribute 50% of their required contribution through wages.
Application Process: http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/eopg/cojg/index.html
- Employers visit the website, download and complete the application, then save on computer.
- Once completed, the employer returns to the website, browses for application saved on computer and follows the steps on the site to attach and send.
- Employers with applications to train 25 or under employees will select a service provider (Sault College Employment Solutions). Employers with applications to train over 25 employees will select the regional ministry office to submit the application;
- Employers fill out one application for each type of training they wish to complete.
- Sault College
- Training must be directly related to the work of the employee and be delivered in Ontario.
- Applications for training are not guaranteed and the training cannot take place until approval is received
For more information contact Employment Solutions at 705.945.0705