Are you interested in the trades but aren`t sure which area you’re passionate about? If so, there’s no need to stress! The Pre-Trades and Technology program allows you to sample different skills and backgrounds while giving you a solid foundational year in trades and technology – in just one year.
This program lets you explore different career options and decide where the real you belongs. Get exposed to interesting and in-demand trades, including:
- Machine shop
The Pre-trades and Technology program is also used by students with an interest in skilled trades and technology but lacks the necessary pre-requisites to pursue a career path.
Ontario will face a shortage of about 100,000 skilled trade workers in the manufacturing and building sectors over the next 15 years. You are in-demand and on the right track to starting a career that was meant for you!
Requirements & Program Information
Ontario Secondary School Diploma or mature student status.
Following your experience in the Pre-Trades and Technology program, you may choose to take one of Sault College`s certificate or diploma programs to deepen your knowledge and skills in a specific trade:
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Mechanical Techniques - Millwright or Machine Shop
- Motive Power Technician - Advanced Repair
- Motive Power Fundamentals - Automotive Repair or Heavy Equipment & Truck Repair
- Metal Fabrication Technician or Welding Techniques
- Electrical Engineering Technician and/or Technology
- Construction Carpentry Techniques
- Civil Engineering Technician
Fees & Costs
These fees are for the 2023-2024 academic year (year 1 of study), and are subject to change. Please visit your Student Portal to view your Schedule of Fees.
For more information, please contact Dean: Corey Meunier, (705) 759-2554 ext 2610, email@example.com
Take this one year certificate program and learn trades and technology hands-on.