In accordance with Ministry of Health guidelines, Sault College is implementing a vaccination policy to help keep our campuses and properties safe for staff and students. View the College’s vaccination policy. Read Frequently Asked Questions related to this policy and other important information.
This policy is effective September 7, 2021, and highlights include:
Those wishing to access campus/properties must satisfy one of the following requirements:
1. Be fully vaccinated with two doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada and/or the World Health Organization (WHO) with proof of vaccination. (Note: The College will require an attestation prior to entry but we have purchased an app that will be rolled out in the near future to replace the attestation process).
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated must provide a negative rapid antigen test result taken within 72 hours of accessing campus/properties, must complete a College-approved educational session about the benefits of COVID-19 vaccination, and present proof of completion of this session
- Individuals must be fully vaccinated by no later than October 31, 2021. Any individuals without accommodation who are not fully vaccinated by October 31, 2021 will be denied access.
2. Granted an exemption due to an approved accommodation (ex. Approved medical exemption)
- those with accommodation must provide a negative rapid antigen test result taken within 72 hours of accessing campus/properties.
The health and safety of our campus community is our top priority and vaccinations have proven to be a safe and effective way to limit the spread of COVID-19. The College will continue to have limited number of individuals on campus this fall, including staff, students and others who are required on campus for a defined business purpose.
Algoma Public Health will be holding a vaccination clinic in the APH parking lot (294 Willow Avenue)on Tuesday, September 7, 2021 from 12-3 p.m. Algoma Public Health has scheduled multiple Pop-Up Clinics across our District and we encourage everyone to visit their website for times and locations: Pop-Up Clinics Times and Locations.
Thank you for doing your part in helping to keep our campus community safe.