APPROVED BY EXECUTIVE: September 2, 2021
The Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health has determined that:
- some employees, staff, contractors, volunteers and students at post-secondary education institutions remain unvaccinated, posing risks to staff and students;
- keeping students in school to the fullest extent possible is critical to learning, development and well-being;
- vaccines provide the best protection against COVID-19; and
- the protection of staff and students in post-secondary education institutions from COVID-19 disease also enhances the protection of other community members by reducing the risk of disease transmission during an outbreak.
Having regard to the prevalence of the Delta variant of concern globally and within Ontario, which has increased transmissibility and disease severity than previous COVID-19 virus strains, in addition to the declaration by the World Health Organization (WHO) on March 11, 2020, that COVID-19 is a pandemic virus and the spread of COVID-19 in Ontario, the OCMOH has issued a binding instruction to the College that is the foundation for this Policy.
At Sault College, we are committed to maintaining a safe learning and working environment. We have therefore implemented this Policy, which imposes vaccination-related requirements for individuals who will attend campus, residences and College facilities.
This Policy applies to all employees, staff, contractors, volunteers, students and visitors accessing campus, including College residences and College facilities.
“Campus” includes all property and facilities owned and controlled by the College, including residences.
“Fully vaccinated” means having received (a) the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines, one or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada and (b) having received a final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago.
“Required individuals” means employees, staff, contractors, volunteers, students and visitors.
1. Subject to the grace period set out below, all Required Individuals must be fully vaccinated (and present proof of fully vaccinated status) to access Campus unless the College grants them an accommodation on the basis of medical or religious grounds. The College will grant accommodation in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
Antigen testing requirement
2. Required Individuals who are not fully vaccinated may only access Campus if they submit to regular antigen testing for COVID-19 and demonstrate a negative result, at intervals to be determined by the College and by means of verification to be determined by the College. 
3. The College is not required to provide or facilitate antigen testing for COVID-19. It may do so on a time-limited basis without further obligation and may charge reasonable administration fees.
4. Notwithstanding clause 1, Required Individuals who are not fully vaccinated may access Campus before October 31, 2021, without an accommodation if they meet the College’s antigen testing requirement, complete a College-approved educational session about the benefits of COVID-19 vaccination and present proof of completion.
5. Following the end of this grace period, the College will continue to make its approved educational session available to Required Individuals.
This policy will be administered by Corporate and Student Services. All questions and requests for exemptions should be directed as follows to:
Students – Director of Student Services
Employees – Director of Human Resources and Corporate Communications
Others – Manager, Health Safety and Security
If an individual has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days, the individual shall provide proof of a positive COVID-19 result in the past 90 days. Once the 90-day period has passed, the individual will be required to complete regular antigen point of care testing unless they have become fully vaccinated during that time.