Children`s Mental Health
Graduates of this program will be able to
- Explain cognitive and behavioural signs and symptoms and their continuous effect/influence on the behaviour and mental health of the infant, child, and adolescent.
- Develop and implement basic strategies to effectively manage the common symptoms of mental health conditions seen in infant, child and adolescent populations.
- Prepare a basic needs assessment of trauma, grief, loss and/or psychiatric disorder for an infant, child or youth in crisis.
- Identify the stages of growth and development as well as basic needs for infants, children and adolescents with an emphasis on the critical periods in personality development.
- Identify social role structure issues and their potential positive and negative influence on growth and development.
- Explain preventative measures that promote the mental health and well-being of children and youth in their communities.
We would love to keep in touch!
Subscribe to our mailing list.