Applicants must have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or be studying in their final year of their OSSD, and have successfully completed, or be in progress to complete the following course:
- Grade 12 English, College Preparation (ENG4C)
- substitute is Grade 12 English, University Preparation (ENG4U)
- Grade 12 Mathematics for College Technology (MCT4C)
- Substitutes are Advanced Functions, University Preparation (MHF4U) or Calculus and Vectors, University Preparation (MCV4U)
- Grade 12 Physics, College Preparation (SPH4C)
- Substitute are Grade 12 Physics, University Preparation (SPH4U), or Grade 11 Physics, University Preparation (SPH3U)
Applicants must provide a Transport Canada Category 1 Medical Certificate to the Sault College Registrar`s Office by August 1st of their entry year. This medical certificate must remain active for the duration of studies.
Please contact the Registrar`s Office for the criteria used to rank applicants should the program be oversubscribed.
After being accepted to the Aviation Technology - Flight program, only those students who successfully complete all courses in the first semester will be admitted to the second semester (which includes the commencement of flight training). Students who do not successfully complete all courses in the first semester and/or Flight Training I (AFT 120) in the second semester of study, will be withdrawn from the program and invited to re-apply for the next intake of this program. Students who are re-admitted will be required to maintain a full-time course load and re-take all Transport Canada approved ground school courses, in addition to any previously failed courses. Students who hold, or have held, a Commercial Pilot License, Aeroplane are not eligible for acceptance into the Sault College Aviation program. Students who hold a Private Pilot License will participate in a modified flight program in Semesters 2 and 3 as compared to those who do not have any flying experience.
Want to know more?
We would love to keep in touch!
Subscribe to our mailing list.