Requirements & Program Information
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or equivalent
- Proof of current registration with College of Early Childhood Educators
- Applicants possessing degrees/diplomas from institutions where the language of instruction was not English will be required to provide test scores as evidence of their English language proficiency such as IELTS 6.0 with no band lower than 5.5, or equivalent scores in other recognized standard tests of English.
- Students must successfully complete all courses within 5 years of acceptance into the program in order to graduate.
- Students must obtain a G.P.A. of 2.0 or 60% or higher to obtain this certificate.
Clinical/Lab and Field Placement Requirements
Fieldwork experience provides the student with the opportunity to apply classroom theory to an actual employment situation.
All applicants with be required to submit documentation of having completed the following procedures prior to entering the field placement components of the program. If the appropriate documentation is not received at least two weeks before the start of the identified field placement, it may be necessary to withdraw the student from the course.?
A current (within six months) Police Record Search. This is required by students as they are enrolled in a program during which they will have unsupervised access to vulnerable persons
Immunization and Heath Record Form. This form includes the following immunization requirements:, Two-step TB test, Immunity against measles, mumps and rubella, current tetanus, diphtheria immunization, current influenza immunization.
Statement of Confidentiality Form, WSIB, and Workplace Agreement Form. These forms will be given to you to sign prior to your fieldwork placement.
All costs associated with these requirements are the responsibility of the student.
For further information regarding field placement requirements for this program, please contact email@example.com.