A transcript is your official academic record, and includes earned grades for every course you have taken at Sault College. Final grades are available on your transcript 2-4 weeks after the end of each semester.
There are two types of transcripts:
- An Official Transcript is a complete representation of a student's academic record, and includes the Sault College seal. It is sent directly from the Sault College Registrar's Office to a third party (i.e. educational institutions, employers, etc.) on the student's behalf.
- If you are requesting an official transcript as part of a university or college application, for institutions in Ontario, please place your request through the appropriate application site (www.ontariocolleges.ca or www.ouac.on.ca).
- An unofficial transcript can be issued directly to the student and is intended for a student's personal use. Unofficial transcripts will not be considered acceptable to support an application to educational institutions
- Unofficial transcripts can be accessed directly and immediately from the Sault College student portal, under the "Records" tab.
- Transcripts can be mailed to or picked up by the student. Photo identification is required from the student when a transcript is picked up.
- There is no charge for an unofficial transcript.
A transcript can be requested in any of the following ways:
- If you are a current Sault College student, a recent graduate, or have an active Student Portal account, the quickest way to request a transcript is through your Student Portal, https://my.saultcollege.ca. You can receive an Unofficial Transcript through your portal right away, or make arrangements to receive an Official Transcript which takes additional processing time.
If you do not have an active Student Portal account, you may request an Unofficial or Official Transcript the following ways:
- By downloading and completing our Transcript Request Form.
Electronic signatures are not accepted.
- Completed forms can be dropped off at the Registrar's Office or returned via email, mail, or fax
- In person at the Registrar's Office
Written request submitted via:
Mail (443 Northern Ave, Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 4J3)
Written requests must include the following information:
- Your full name;
- Previous surname, if applicable;
- Student number, if recalled;
- Date of birth;
- Current mailing address;
- Program of study;
- Last semester attended;
- Your handwritten (not digital) signature - unless submitting a request from your Sault College student email account.
Verbal requests will not be serviced.
If you are a graduate of the Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) program, please place your request with Laurentian University. If you have graduated from the BScN program but have also completed other courses at Sault College, you will need to place a request with both Sault College and Laurentian University.
Transcripts will not be issued if there is an outstanding balance on your account. Written authorization is required for any request made on behalf of a student, or if you would like someone else to pick up your transcript for you.
For more information, please contact the Registrar's Office at 1-800-461-2260; 705-759-6700; or firstname.lastname@example.org.