Want to accelerate your career in business? Find it at Sault College! The Office Administration – Executive program allows you to fast track your studies and gives you all the tools needed to thrive in today’s highly specialized offices.
Become an essential team member in any office. Receive in-depth training in all major software applications needed to succeed, including:
Plus, our experienced instructors will help fine-tune your decision making and customer service skills to help you shine in team and customer-facing business environments.
The Sault College office administration program is offered over three consecutive semesters allowing you to enter the workforce faster than those enrolled in a traditional 2-year program, giving you unique advantage in your job search in an increasingly competitive economy.
You were meant for a career in business and you will find it here!
Office Administration - Executive mentors who are leaders in their organization and/or currently work in the Office Administration field will support new students in the program by developing relationships that promote positive connection, engagement, development, and decision-making skills.
Mentors take varying roles during the mentoring relationship which may include:
- Empowering and guiding students as they navigate academic and professional decisions.
- Assisting students with various program and industry-related questions.
- Sharing knowledge and experience with the student to the benefit of their educational and professional pursuits.
- Providing a model of clear communication – both verbal and written.
- Encouraging student growth based on learned strengths and interests.
- Being an active industry connection as students consider their own professional career paths.
- Encouraging resume building opportunities and enhanced experience.
- Providing feedback on student LinkedIn profiles and resumes as requested.
In this program, students will work with their mentor toward developing a positive relationship that enhances their academic and professional potential.
Office Administration - Executive students will now have the opportunity to take as many as nine micro-credentials to help expand their skill sets.
- Computers in the Workplace
- Invoicing and Bookkeeping Basics
- Legal Terminology
- Managing and Keeping Records
- Managing Meetings and Events
- Managing In-Person and Online Meetings
- Medical Terminology
- Resolving Conflict
- Telephone and Email Basics
Requirements & Program Information
Ontario Secondary School diploma with Grade 12 English (C) ENG4C, Grade 11 Foundations for College Math (C) MBF3C, or mature student status.
Minimum Technology Requirements for Office Administration - Executive program:
- i5 Processor (or equivalent)
- 8GB RAM
- 256 SSD (Solid State Disk)
- Web Camera
- Windows 10 (Operating System)
The following link can be leveraged to access purchasing of devices directly from Dell following the standards provided. www.dell.ca/saultcollege
Graduates of the Office Administration - Executive program are prepared for a variety of positions. These include administrative assistant, executive assistant, office coordinator, information specialist, receptionist, clerk-typist, secretary, and records management clerk. Executive graduates may find employment in private industry, government agencies, and medical and financial institutions. You would also be prepared to take further studies at Sault College, Algoma University, or Lake Superior State University knowing that you have all the tools you will need for success. The International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) is the professional organization that awaits you upon graduation.
Fees & Costs
These fees are for the 2023-2024 academic year (year 1 of study), and are subject to change. Please visit your Student Portal to view your Schedule of Fees.