Student Support

Moving away from home for the first time can be stressful for students. Having to worry about school work, finances, and all other things that come along with being independent can be overwhelming for some students.

At Ray Lawson Hall, we employ six Residence Advisors (RAs) who are senior students living in residence to help incoming students make the transition to being away from home and becoming independent. They are there to give students guidance and support, and to share their expertise as senior students who understand what you're going through. Take advantage of their knowledge and experience.

The college also offers the support of counsellors for students at no cost. Click here for information on   Sault College Counselling Services

Feel free to visit one of our links below for additional support:

Check your Drinking: Residence Life    - The 28 question CYD-RL survey is anonymous and has been designed to help you, your loved ones, or your health care professional answer some questions about drinking.

SIOS - part of a collaboration between the University of Guelph and McGill University, we are a non-profit outreach initiative providing information and resources about self-injury to those who self-injure, those who have recovered, and those who want to help.

I.M. Well - Call for 24/7 access to live counsellors 1-877-234-5327. They're there to help.

Good2Talk - free, confidential and anonymous helpline providing professional counselling and information and referrals for mental health, addictions and well-being to post-secondary students in Ontario, 24/7/365.

Bridging the Distance - Bridging the Distance provides mental health support for postsecondary students who are at a distance from college services, who are seeking information, or who are in crisis and in need of immediate help.